The Nakamichi AV1 is our latest developed home theatre AV preamp that supports HDMI 1.4 standard. The Nakamichi has 7.1 channels output, which supports the most advanced HD audio encoding technology, including Dolby TrueHD™ and DTS Master Audio™. AV1 has multi-zone amplifier output control, which means that aside from the main zone it can amplify and control 3 additional stereo zones concurrently.
Using the Nakamichi AV1 is easy, for the beginner it is a matter of connecting all your sources, plugging in the calibration mic (included in the box) and using the calibration room correction software to automatically adjust your system to your room's acoustics. We have however not forgotten the audiophile and included a large array of options to configure the system so your own listening tastes.
You will not find a multi-channel 7.1 preamp with this capability within this price range.
- Multi-signal inputs and outputs
- DAB/DAB+/FM Tuner
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming, with APT-X support
- Support wide range ways of audio processing, including HD formats, such as Dolby TrueHD, DTS Master, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HRA and SD formats such as PRO-LOGIC Dolby DIGITAL, DOLBY DIGITAL-EX, DTS, DTS-ES, DTS NEO:6
- Support multiple HDMI video formats
- Supports HDMI CEC Control and HDMI ARC Audio Channel
- Professional OSD. Any operations of the unit can be seen on the TV display.
- USB port to connect to PC for software upgrading, parameter setting, preferences selection.
- Customised settings and memory
- Full function remote control (included)
- Automatic Intelligent Room Calibration (Free Microphone Supplied)
- Audio Management: Front, Centre, Surround, Rear Surround, Front Height and Subwoofer Speakers have adjustable crossover points in 20 steps from 40Hz to 250Hz
- Crossover slopes can be set at 12db or 24db per Octave
- 11 Band Parametric Equalizer
- Bi-Amping feature for front L and R channels
- HDMI 1.4 input and output
- 4-Way HDMI inputs, 1-Way HDMI output and 1 HDMI Quick Switch
- All legacy video inputs can be scaled and output over HDMI at up to 1080p, YUV, RGB, supports DVI mode, Supports HD Audio, 8CH LPCM
- Supports HDMI CEC control
- Supports HDMI Arc Audio control
- Supports the following video inputs and outputs: HDMI/DVI 480p, 576p, 720p50, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i60, 1080p50, 1080p60 and 1080p24
- Link to User Manual for the Nakamichi AV 1
- Link to Firmware Upgrade for the Nakamichi AV 1
- Link to Original Firmware for the Nakamichi AV 1
- Firmware Update Installation Instructions for Nakamichi AV1 Pre Amp.
You will need a windows (Windows 7 operating system) Laptop/PC with USB port and a USB A/B printer cable.
Copy 2 files : (Nakamichi_AVR_upgrade-1.exe) and (Nakamichi AV1_v1_520265_20150330.upg) to Desktop.
Double click the (Nakamichi_AVR_upgrade-1.exe) file.
This should create the utility on screen called (Nakamichi_AVR_upgrade)
Double-click the utility (Nakamichi_AVR_upgrade)
Connect the USB A/B cable into the USB UPGRADE socket on the rear of your AV1 and a USB port on your Computer.
Click The Utility window 'Open File' Tab and select the (Nakamichi AV1_v1_520265_20150330.upg) file from the desktop and click 'OPEN'.
Click the 'START' Tab on the utility.
The AV1 should display 'Upgrade main CPU' on the OSD while updating.
The utility will run to 100% and prompt you when finished.
*NOTE* Remember to make a Copy of your previous settings as all data will be erased.